Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Water Truck Day!

Water Truck Day!
      It has been a year since I last stepped off the TapTap into Cite' Soleil.  How I have missed this beautiful land with beautiful people.  Water Truck Day in Citi Soleil was my favorite day my last trip and I have looked forward to serving the people here for so long.
.
      It was a wonderful to watch my teammates get to experience this for the first time.  Healing Haiti comes to Cite' Soleil to deliver clean water to 3-4 areas daily for free. There is no acces to clean water except for trucks that charge for it.
.
God has taught me many things over the past year yet my blog entry from last year remains true to today:
.
http://healinghaiti-eaglebrookchurch.blogspot.com/2011/07/jesus-lives-in-these-streets.html
Jesus is still in these streets - He always was and always will be.
.
How easy it is to love these children with their beautiful faces and wonderful smiles! They are faces that are beautiful to their Father God and they are beautiful to me.
.
Once again I can say to them "Jezi Renmen ou'!  "  They will come back with" wi!"
What's the difference since I last saw Jamison, the boy I met last year and the other children?
From an outside perspective looking at photos of Cite' Soleil over the past few years most would say nothing.
They would be mostly right except for the people that Healing Haiti has been able to help in one way or another.
.
They can't see my heart like God can.
.
With each person that comes down here there is a great possibilty for change.  It is that some don't expect it, they even get side-swiped by it because the change occurs in them and not in Cite' Soleil. It is a wonderful change and each person is different.
.
For me  I came back seeing the world differently and more clearly:
"Love God with all of your heart, soul, strength and mind and Love your neighbor as yourself."
We hear the familiar command from Jesus in Luke 10:27.  It may be easy enough to hear it but is it easy
to process what those 2 greatest commanments mean?
.
For those of us who have chosen to follow Jesus this is a heavy command when you truly process it.
.
For me, my neighbors started a few thousand miles away in Haiti and ended at my doorstep. Each one in between is
a child that God loves as His own some he is still trying to rescue.  Like my own children that I love dearly, they are very different from one another.  I expect my kids to treat each other fairly and love each other.  When they don't it can break my heart sometimes - much like it breaks the heart of God when we don't Love our neighbors.
.
 If we don't love our neighbors are we really following the first and greatest commandment?
I had forgotten the "Go and do likewise" part.
.
The difference from last year to now is this:
I still say "Jezi Renmen Ou" to these children but now I follow with "Mwen renmen ou"
Which means "I Love You"
and I do.
Bondye Bon Toujou  (God is good always!)
Jeff Gjerde (James)

No comments:

Post a Comment