Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Funday!


Hello! Today was our last full day here in Haiti.



We started the day with church service at Grace Village with all the kids. While the service was mostly in Creole, there were many moments where I found myself lifted, and then lost in the sound of Fanfan’s voice or the children’s song.



From Grace Village we headed into down town Port-au-Prince. It is so striking the number of buildings that remain significantly damaged from the earthquake, and even more striking that many of them are still being used for work or living. The town was so busy with vendors and people and animals moving about…So strange that some of the sites here have become common for me to see including tent towns and huge trash piles in the street…I will miss Haiti when I leave.




SO, it was with mixed emotions that our day came to an end…tomorrow we head home. I feel unsure of completely how this trip has changed me only certain that it has. ~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment